A few weeks ago, my laptop was stolen. This was a real bummer because it had a lot of the pre-production work for my upcoming EP and that EP has ground to a halt until I can carry on working on it. So, I’m going to launch a crowdfunding campaign to buy a new laptop and to give you a chance to get some unique perks that you wouldn’t be able to get anywhere else!
What is Crowdfunding?
Crowdfunding is a way for artists, entrepreneurs, activists and more, to ask for funding for a project directly from their audience. In exchange for donations, funders get unique ‘perks’ that are often only available for the crowdfunding campaign. The platform that I am going to use is Indiegogo. You can check them out to get a better idea of how it all works.
How Much Money Do You Want to Raise?
I’d like to get a laptop that I can use to run high-end audio applications, as well as basic video editing. I’ve already raised some cash with a small campaign that I ran on my Facebook Page, but I’m looking to raise $1000 with this campaign.
When Will The Campaign Start?
I’d like to start the campaign on the 1st of December, but I need your help! Read the next paragraph to see how you can help me decide on what perks to offer!
What Do You Need From Your Listeners Now?
What I need is for you to think of a unique perk that you’d like to see in the campaign and for you to leave it in the comments on this post. First prize would be for you to think of a price that you’d be happy to pay for that perk as well! To get you started, I’ve got some ideas of my own for the campaign, let me know what you think:
- $10 – A Digital High Five!
- I’ll record a video of myself giving you a virtual high-five and put it up on my YouTube Channel. This way, whenever you need a high-five, you can go watch the video!
- $50 – A Typed Copy of the Lyrics For Your Favourite Quietly Concerned Song
- I’ll type out the lyrics of your favourite song of mine on my Smith-Corona Clipper Typewriter. Very hip, I know…
- $100 – A Private Skype Show
- No matter where you are in the world, I’ll play a private show for you over Skype! If you live in Johannesburg, South Africa, I’ll play at your house! Heck, if you live in New York I’ll play at your house! As long as you fly me there…
So, that’s a basic outline of what’s going on. I hope that you’re as excited as I am! Please leave your ideas or any questions in the comments!